Sunday, 9 October 2016

Good Skin, Bad skin

I find myself reminiscing too often on the old days.

The days where laughing wasn't such a chore, worrying about my weight didn't exist and second guessing my every move wasn't a thing in my everyday lifestyle. But nowadays, I mainly find myself reminiscing on my skin. Sounds weird, trust me I know, but I look back on old photos and suppress a smile as I stare, in depth, at my skin. It was so... clear? Where the hell did I go wrong? I'm a hormonal teen who likes to eat some pretty unhealthy things sometimes but my diet has hardly changed in a year, so why is my skin acting up now?

I have recently gone through a severe breakout on my chest, back and face where I was feeling so insecure about myself, I was prescribed with some heavy medication. Unfortunately, that made matters worse and my skin not only broke out more but differentiated in colour and in texture. I was peeling and my face was constantly burning. Not even a warm shower would ease the pain, oh no, it made it a hella lot worse. I was blotchy and red all over which led to me not even wanting to leave the house. After a few days of using some gental face wash and no longer taking that medication, I was soon back to normal. Well... the spots were still there but I had never been so happy to have my face back again.

After that reaction, I realised that things could be so much worse. I don't have severe acne nor do I constantly have dry skin, in fact, my breakouts aren't that bad at all. Of course my face, back and chest still aren't perfect, they have spots that agitate me but I'm blessed and appreciative to have the skin I do now. I wear it with pride and I encourage everyone reading this to do the same. Of course I realised that getting clear skin isn't just a quick fix, especially being the angry teenager I am, but I learnt that patience has become my new best friend.

Please be positive and remind yourself that things could definitely be worse. Remember, you have it good! Don't compare yourself to other people but appreciate that you are the only you living on this planet and you are beautiful in your way own way. (Yes, I'm a clique, deal with it)

All the love...
R. x

No comments:

Post a Comment